Thursday, April 06, 2006

i'm going into knee surgery with dr. dickinson tuesday morning. i'm actually supposed to be working right now, having messed around for most of today cleaning and what not. my mom is coming in on sunday, and my room can't be a mess when she gets here. it's funny, i'm excited that my mom's going to be here but still anxious about surgery at the same time. plus i seem to have gotten a rash from the chinese medicine poultice i've been using, and i'm not sure whether it's going to go away in time.

after moping around for a while yesterday and lamenting that i didn't have food in the fridge, i built up the courage to go to safeway. yes, sounds silly, but it takes a lot of effort if you're on crutches and can't really carry anything. luckily they were nice enough to give me one of those motorized scooters, and then i had to endure the stares of quite a few other customers who thought i was using the thing for joyriding or something. or because i'm lazy. grrr. my knee is still swollen, and a couple days ago i figured out that my leg muscles are literally wasting away. i've started doing extra extra exercises to try to build them up, but my leg flesh (flab?) is still droopy. that's what you get when you can't walk right for a month.

today my big adventure was going to the post office + the bank + ross. while that normally would have taken me about half an hour or so including driving, the trip took me an hour this time. got almost everything that i was looking for. then i got home and realized we could use some more milk, some ice cream, etc. maybe tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home