Tuesday, May 09, 2006

it's been nearly a month after surgery. two more days to go. i had an acl reconstruction using a hamstring graft for my left knee along + both medial and laterial meniscal (cartilage) repairs on april 11th. i've been to four physical therapy sessions now, and hopefully will be able to start walking in a few more days. still more or less on crutches at the moment.

both my mom and my dad came out to see me, which is no small feat considering the last time they were out here was three years ago. it was funny that their schedules didn't manage to overlap. my mom was out here for two weeks starting a couple days before my surgery and left on a monday. my dad arrived that wednesday and stayed until friday.

here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure:


a goofy picture of my mom and me, the day before she left.



mom, me, and my roommate mel in my room (les was out that night)



self portrait with my dad (yes, i seem to like taking these pictures. very impromptu)



my dad showing his support for the bball tournament i organized on april 23rd


now, leg pictures:

this is two days after surgery (got to take the wrapping off that day). it was wrapped so tight that i couldn't feel the inside of my leg, haha.



twelve days post-op, still with steri-tape



just a few days ago on may 6th (25 days post-op). i wrote labels to explain all the incisions. click for a larger view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home